June 11, 2020
LifePoint Family and Friends,
Finally! After a Covid-19 quarantine of over three months, our church is (re)gathering for worship services. We will return to our campus for in-person church services beginning Sunday, July 5. It’s a great weekend to celebrate our freedom!
The priorities for our (re)gathering are twofold: create a meaningful worship experience and do it safely. Our staff has worked diligently to welcome you back to our campus even though our reality is much different than our pre-pandemic church experience. Let me give you the details in bullet form since that might be an easier way to absorb the information.
- Church service reopen date: Sunday, July 5 (yes, 2020!)
- Two worship services: 9:30 and 11:30 am (allows adequate time to clean the facility between services).
- 250 people per service capacity to allow for required social distancing.
- Complimentary, general seating reservations made in advance of the service you choose to attend. (First come, first served.)
- Masks are required inside our facility (for ages two and up, in compliance with Maryland law).
- No in-person children’s programming yet. Children are encouraged to sit with their families and will be given a “Praise Pack” engagement packet to help facilitate their enjoyment of the experience. Kids’ programming will continue to be offered online at 10:40 am on Sundays.
- No in-person student programming yet, but students are encouraged to attend with their families. Student services will continue on Sundays at 11:05am and engage through social media, as well as small groups.
- No in-person HUGS programming. HUGS students/adults are welcome to attend with their families. HUGS students will continue to engage online through Zoom.
We will continue to offer our livestream venue (9:30 am on Sunday) for those who wish to continue Church at Home or as an alternative to those in a higher risk category.
Over the last few months we have experienced an unprecedented disruption in life-as-we-know-it. But our church has risen to the occasion. Your willingness to hang in there, in the middle of a unique challenge, has reminded me once more that our church family is incredibly faithful and generous. Thank you for your patience and your attentiveness to God over the long-haul of adversity. The experience has left an indelible mark on all of us.
Stay tuned for more details as our (re)gather date approaches. I look forward to SEEING you soon!