Joe Laughlin | 7/09/17
Series: The Community You Can Be
Series Part No: 6
We have been talking about community a lot lately. But what does community look like to you? Can we even see the community around us or have we become so tuned in to our day-to-day duties that we are missing the opportunity for real genuine community? Possibly even worse, are we blind to or intimidated by the prospect of inviting new people into our Christ community, even when Christ is calling us to?
For further thought and discussion:
- Take some time and think about what is your community? Your neighborhood, your place of work, your kids teams, your school, the church?
- What has God laid on your heart about this community? If you haven't noticed this before take some time and pray for this community, and ask God why he has placed you in it, or given you a heart for it.
- How are you going to react to that heart burden (call)?
- Are you willing to "step out of the boat" to reach this community for Christ? Why or why not? What are some of the things that are holding you back? Commit these fears or worries to God in prayer.
- Take some time and make an plan to reach this community! Ask God for a partner in reaching this community, and go walk on water with Christ!
- Call Upon The Lord by Christopher Brown and Steven Furtick
- Death Was Arrested by Adam Kersh, Brandon Coker, Heath Balltzglier, and Paul Taylor
- Even So Come (Come Lord Jesus) by Chris Tomlin, Jason Ingram, and Jess Cates
- Yahweh by Jane Williams, Matt Ntele, and Steven Furtick
The Community You Can BeBack to Sermons
|A Christ-centered Community||Joe Duke||8/27/17|
|A Reconciling Community||Joe Duke||8/20/17|
|The Hopeful Community||Jason Fullen||8/13/17|
|What in the World Are We Doing?||Joe Paschal||8/06/17|
|Be Fruitful and Multiply||Mike Hipsley||7/30/17|
|Altogether Generous||Mark Marten||7/23/17|
|A Worshiping Community||Joe Duke||7/16/17|
|Your Community||Joe Laughlin||7/09/17|
|God Is Community||Mike Hipsley||7/02/17|
|The Secret Path to Courage||Joe Duke||6/25/17|
|The Perfect Family||Adam Hunsicker||6/18/17|
|Normally Weird||Mike Hipsley||6/11/17|
|Don't Go It Alone||Joe Duke||6/04/17|