Joe Duke | 2/10/13
Series: Christ-like Influencer
Series Part No: 1
Spiritual growth is a challenging proposition. It’s even more challenging when we don’t know the goal. What is the desired outcome? What will we look like when we are spiritually mature? Consider this possibility: we are growing in Christ so that we will one day resemble Christ. Around LifePoint Church we often say it this way, we want to see each person become a Christ-like influencer. But what does a Christ-like influencer look like? Are there traits that indicate a person is walking like Jesus walked? We owe it to ourselves to paint a clear picture of how we might look if we are living the way God wants us to live. Don’t miss Jesus’ invitation; He eagerly welcomes you into a life of becoming a Christ-like influencer.
It’s one thing to aspire to spiritual maturity, it’s another thing all together to have a target or description of what that looks like. If you ever hope to become a Christ-like influencer it might help to know what that means. God invites us to walk as Jesus walked—an impossible task apart from God’s power in us and our cooperation with Him.
For further thought and discussion:
- Sometimes spiritual maturity is difficult to define. As a person grows, it’s clear that there should be an increasing resemblance to Jesus. Read 1 John 2:6. What does it mean to walk as Jesus walked?
- Take a few minutes to review and explain our process of discipleship at LifePoint Church. 1) Mission: To influence people to find and follow Jesus. 2) Strategy: Gather, Grow, Serve. 3) Goal: To produce Christ-like influencers. Describe how these pieces fit together.
- Take a stab at defining the word, influence. How does our church influence people to find and follow Jesus? In what ways are you an influencer? What is the opposite of an influencer?
- In this series, we will be describing a Christ-like influencer with 5 phrases: 1) Surrenders continually, 2) Loves extravagantly, 3) Invests relationally, 4) Gives generously, and 5) Engages with God daily. Explain what each of these descriptions means to you.
- Whom do you know personally that you would describe as a Christ-like influencer? What are they like? In what ways could you be described as a Christ-like influencer? How might you need to change in order to become a Christ-like influencer?
- Our Eyes by Mack Brock, Chris Brown, Stuart Garrard, London Gatch, and Wade Joye
- All Things New by Mack Brock, Chris Brown, Wade Joye, and Ben Richter
- Holy, Holy, Holy (Savior & King) by
- You Found Me by Jeremy & Kimberly Sorensen
- Jesus, Son of God by Matt Maher, Chris Tomlin & Jason Ingram
- Take Heart by Joel Houston
Christ-like InfluencerBack to Sermons
|Engages with God Daily||Paul Anglin||3/17/13|
|Gives Generously||Joe Duke||3/10/13|
|Invests Relationally||Joe Duke||3/03/13|
|Loves Extravagantly||Mark Marten||2/24/13|
|Surrenders Continually||Mike Hipsley||2/17/13|
|What Is a Christ-like Influencer?||Joe Duke||2/10/13|