Adam Hunsicker | 6/18/17
Series: The Community You Can Be
Series Part No: 3
As fathers, family members, believers or those far from God, we tend to reflect to the world the things we give the most honor to in our lives. Whether it’s our jobs, sports or other extra curricular activities, volunteer opportunities, schooling, or even our own families, it’s easy for people in our community to see what defines us. But what would it look like to truly reflect Jesus in those endeavors? As we pursue the perfect family life, is it possible we are actually destroying it?
For further thought and discussion:
- What images come to mind when you think of family? Whether it's the family you grew up in or the family you have married into or created, what do you think of when you think of them?
- What types of things or ideas would you say your current family reflects? How does that show what they honor?
- Read Mark 3:31-35. What strikes you as odd about Jesus' response to his family arriving to speak with him? What level of importance is placed on the family in his interaction?
- In what ways do we place a higher importance or honor on our families than our relationships with God? In what ways can this reflect what's important to us poorly?
- Think of the influence each member of your family has as it pertains to the community around us. How many families does your family interact with? How can you leverage your own family to impact and inspire community?
- Open Up The Heavens by Meredith Andrews, Stuart Garrard, Jason Ingram, James McDonald, and Andi Rozier
- Death Was Arrested by Adam Kersh, Brandon Coker, Heath Balltzglier, and Paul Taylor
- Holy Spirit by Bryan Torwalt and Katie Torwalt
- All Things New by Mack Brock, Chris Brown, Wade Joye, and Ben Richter
The Community You Can BeBack to Sermons
|A Christ-centered Community||Joe Duke||8/27/17|
|A Reconciling Community||Joe Duke||8/20/17|
|The Hopeful Community||Jason Fullen||8/13/17|
|What in the World Are We Doing?||Joe Paschal||8/06/17|
|Be Fruitful and Multiply||Mike Hipsley||7/30/17|
|Altogether Generous||Mark Marten||7/23/17|
|A Worshiping Community||Joe Duke||7/16/17|
|Your Community||Joe Laughlin||7/09/17|
|God Is Community||Mike Hipsley||7/02/17|
|The Secret Path to Courage||Joe Duke||6/25/17|
|The Perfect Family||Adam Hunsicker||6/18/17|
|Normally Weird||Mike Hipsley||6/11/17|
|Don't Go It Alone||Joe Duke||6/04/17|