Joe Duke | 5/07/17
Series: What If?
Series Part No: 4
At some point in your childhood you were most likely asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Maybe you followed those early inklings or maybe not. Regardless of your profession, you can make a difference in the world around you. God only holds you responsible to be the person He has made you to be. He wants to see you become a change-agent by cooperating with Him and working alongside others to make a difference during your lifetime.
For further thought and discussion:
- Do you remember your childhood answer when asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” How similar is your life to your early aspirations as a child?
- Name three people you believe are making a difference with their lives. What are they doing and why do you admire their efforts? What difference do you hope to make with your life?
- How do you distinguish between God’s power and human effort? Are they both necessary? How would you explain Philippians 2:12-13 and Colossians 3:23?
- 1 Corinthians 3:5-9 is filled with insights about investing your life to make a difference. Can you identify at least three principles from this passage that provide insight into how you can make a difference in life?
- Eugene Peterson helps us understand how we can make a difference when he uses the phrase, “a long obedience in the same direction.” Why is obedience over the long haul so important in making a difference in life?
- How can ambition and the quest for fame and popularity conspire to wreck your contribution in life? Describe the power of humility when making a difference in the world.
- Unstoppable God by Chris Brown, Steven Furtick, and Wade Joye
- Only King Forever by Mack Brock, Chris Brown, Steven Furtick, and Wade Joye
- What A Beautiful Name by Ben Fielding and Brooke Ligertwood
What If?Back to Sermons
|What If You Can Make a Difference?||Joe Duke||5/07/17|
|What If It’s Not About You?||Joe Duke||4/27/17|
|What If You Can Be Happy?||Joe Duke||4/23/17|
|What If It’s Real?||Joe Duke||4/16/17|