Joe Duke | 10/30/16
Series Part No: 5
It’s amazing what a remix can do. Take a familiar, even popular song, change the beat or modify the tune and something new emerges. Sometimes our lives can use a remix and sometimes even our church can too. The last few years at LifePoint have ushered in some of the biggest changes in our church’s history. Let’s talk about it. Welcome to REMIX: A New Rhythm for an Old Song.
Any remix of any song is incomplete until the instruments and voices are in the same key. And the LifePoint movement, like a musical score, is incomplete unless you’re playing your part. As a believer in Jesus, you have been gifted by God to give yourself to something that matters—to make a difference both inside and outside the church. As you cooperate with God, you can make an amazing and eternal contribution!
For further thought and discussion:
- Take a few minutes to reflect on our REMIX series. What did you especially appreciate about the series? What changes are you seeing around LifePoint these days? What are your dreams for the future of our church?
- Any remix of any song is incomplete until the instruments and voices are in the same key. The LifePoint movement is incomplete unless you’re playing your part. Why are people sometimes reluctant to “play their part?” What are a few ways you can contribute to God’s work around you?
- Every believer in Jesus has been given a spiritual gift from God. Read Romans 12:3-8 and 1 Corinthians 12. What are spiritual gifts? Do you know your spiritual gift? If so, how are you using it? (Remember Jesus’ heart to serve. Mark 10:45)
- In this series, we talked about our strategy of Gather, Grow, Serve. How are you serving? Are there areas of service you’re interesting in but have not yet asked about? What is your next step in confirming or discovering your serving opportunities at our church?
- LifePoint Church is 29 years old. As our congregation ages, it’s natural for the baton to be passed from the older generation to the younger. Whom are you mentoring? Who is mentoring you? What does it mean for our church to be multi-generational?
- This season at LifePoint will most likely not be the last REMIX at our church. Churches, just like people, need continual refreshing. How would you describe your personal season in life right now? What is God teaching you?
- Your Grace Is Enough by Matt Maher
- Call Upon The Lord by Christopher Brown and Steven Furtick
- The Heart Of Worship by Matt Redman
- Cornerstone by William Batchelder Bradbury, Eric Liljero, Reuben Morgan, Edward Mote, and Jonas Myrin
RemixBack to Sermons
|Playing Your Part||Joe Duke||10/30/16|
|A Melody for the World||Joe Duke||10/23/16|
|A Song Worth Singing||Joe Duke||10/16/16|
|Catching a New Rhythm||Joe Duke and Panel||10/09/16|
|Playing Off-Key||Joe Duke||10/02/16|