Mike Hipsley | 8/30/17
Series: Lighten the Load
Series Part No: 1
Life is busy and people are tired. Our days are filled with what seems like a never-ending list of activities and obligations. The hectic nature of life makes us long for rest. This is just what Jesus promises to those who will come to him. He offers rest to those who are weary and a lightened load to those who are burdened. But if Jesus offers us rest why don’t we experience more of it? Why do the burdens we carry not seem lighter? How can we find rest and lighten the load in the midst of our day-to-day busyness?
For further thought and discussion:
- When was the last time that you really felt rested?
- Read Matthew 11:28-30. What are some specific things Jesus promises in these verses? What conditions does He place on them?
- To what degree have you experienced these promises of Jesus?
- Read Matthew 12:1-8. Does this passage provide any insight into Jesus’ promises?
- Read Philippians 4:4-7. How does this passage connect with Jesus promise of rest and what might it tell us about how to access the rest He promises.
- Lay Me Down by Jason Ingram, Jonas Myrin, Matt Redman, and Chris Tomlin
- Call Upon The Lord by Christopher Brown and Steven Furtick
- Spirit of the Living God by Jacob Sooter and Mia Fieldes
- Let It Echo (Heaven Fall) by Chris Quilala, Jacob Sooter, and Sarah Reeves
Lighten the LoadBack to Sermons
|Lighten the Load||Mike Hipsley||8/30/17|