Drew Wagner | 5/27/18
Series Part No: 8
We receive new life the moment we believe Jesus for it. But in order for that life to be experienced to the fullest we must cooperate with God in our spiritual growth. No one grows passively. When we cultivate the soil of our lives through deliberate, spiritual practices we can change for the good and become more like Jesus.
It’s easy to come into a church building, sing songs, listen to a message, and walk away thinking this is all there is to worshiping God. But what if God is telling us that worship is so much more than that? In Part 8 of Cultivate we explore what true worship really is, how God is calling us to live worship with our lives, and why worship truly matters!
For further thought and discussion:
- In 1 Corinthians God calls us to do everything for His Glory. How have you lived for God's glory rather than your own?
- In what ways has God shown you comfort through His promises?
- How does the definition of true worship differ from what you have believed about it?
- Drew listed 4 ways worshiping God should change how you live everyday (it should make you Mission Minded, Humble, Secure and Grateful). Which one of these things do you feel you do well? Which of these things do you struggle with?
- Paul talks about running the race of life with everything you have. If worship is truly our everyday lives, how have you been “leaving it all on the field”?
- What are some things you can do to abandon yourself and give it all to Jesus on the weekend during worship?
- Fierce by Chris Quilala, Joshua Silverberg, and Mia Fieldes
- King Of My Heart by John Mark McMillan and Sarah McMillan
- No Longer Slaves by Jonathan David Helser and Melissa Helser
- Reckless Love by Caleb Culver, Cory Asbury, and Ran Jackson
- Resurrecting by Christopher Brown, Mack Brock, Matt Ntele, Steven Furtick, and Wade Joye
CultivateBack to Sermons
|Worship Matters||Drew Wagner||5/27/18|
|More Than a Conversation||Joe Duke||5/20/18|
|Be Near||Mark Marten||5/13/18|
|Keeping It to Yourself||Joe Duke||5/06/18|
|Choose Your Service||Mike Hipsley||4/29/18|
|Dig Deeper||Mike Hipsley||4/21/18|
|Peace in Quiet||Joe Duke||4/15/18|