Joe Duke | 10/02/16
Series Part No: 1
It’s amazing what a remix can do. Take a familiar, even popular song, change the beat or modify the tune and something new emerges. Sometimes our lives can use a remix and sometimes even our church can too. The last few years at LifePoint have ushered in some of the biggest changes in our church’s history. Let’s talk about it. Welcome to REMIX: A New Rhythm for an Old Song.
Listening to a song played out of tune is rarely a pleasant experience. Those off-key seasons in our lives and even in our church make us appreciate God’s rich harmonies all the more. God is writing a new song in our church—a remix of familiar values. As the grand conductor, He is helping us present a symphony of life-changing power.
For Further thought & Discussion:
- Remixing a song involves changes that affect the tune or the rhythm. So too you might need a remix in your life. What is it about the rhythm or pace or habits of your life that could use a change?
- Our Remix series is really about observing the transitions in the life of our church. How long have you attended LifePoint? What transitions have you been part of?
- There is a season for everything. Read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. What are your observations about this passage? In what way are different “seasons” a normal part of life?
- Read Matthew 9:17. What do you think is meant by “new wineskins”? What is the principle in this verse that might apply to the natural need for change? What are the most significant changes you have experienced recently?
- Read John 15:1-4. What is the purpose of pruning? What does the word “pruning” mean when used as a spiritual metaphor? How has God been pruning you lately? How might God be pruning our church?
- Transitions are a natural part of life but sometimes they are uncomfortable. What does it mean for you to trust God in the midst of the transitions in your life? What does trust look like for you when you think about transitions happening at LifePoint Church?
- Final Word by Cody Carnes
- Revelation Song by Jennie Lee Riddle
- How Great Is Our God by Chris Tomlin, Ed Cash, Jesse Reeves
- Yahweh Elevation
RemixBack to Sermons
|Playing Your Part||Joe Duke||10/30/16|
|A Melody for the World||Joe Duke||10/23/16|
|A Song Worth Singing||Joe Duke||10/16/16|
|Catching a New Rhythm||Joe Duke and Panel||10/09/16|
|Playing Off-Key||Joe Duke||10/02/16|