Mike Hipsley | 7/02/17
Series: The Community You Can Be
Series Part No: 5
The Doctrine of the Trinity – that God is One in Essence and Three in Person – is one of the most ancient and well established beliefs in Christianity. While it is perplexing, mysterious, and often confusing, it is far from irrelevant. God’s simultaneous unity and community reveals to us a God whose very essence is love. It reveals a God who invites us to live in and live out of the perfect community of the Trinity.
For further thought and discussion:
- Think for a minute about the centrality of community to our lives. How has community and relationship shaped your life?
- The Doctrine of the Trinity reveals that God exists in both perfect unity and perfect community. What encouragement do you take from this?
- Read John 14. How does this chapter capture the oneness of God? How does it express the “threeness” of God? How does it blur the lines between to two?
- What does it mean to and for you that God being Three in One means that God is community? That God is love? How might the Doctrine of the Trinity give us new insight into our own experiences of community and love?
- If, as Genesis 1 and 2 suggest, the family is meant to be a reflection and expression of the community of God, how should this influence the way we approach our roles within the family and how we interact with others in our family?
- To what degree are you experiencing the kind of community that reflects the community of the Trinity? What could you do to experience this more fully?
- Unstoppable God by Chris Brown, Steven Furtick, and Wade Joye
- You Make Me Brave by Amanda Cook
- This I Believe (The Creed) by Matt Crocker & Ben Fielding
- No Longer Slaves by Jonathan David Helser and Melissa Helser
The Community You Can BeBack to Sermons
|A Christ-centered Community||Joe Duke||8/27/17|
|A Reconciling Community||Joe Duke||8/20/17|
|The Hopeful Community||Jason Fullen||8/13/17|
|What in the World Are We Doing?||Joe Paschal||8/06/17|
|Be Fruitful and Multiply||Mike Hipsley||7/30/17|
|Altogether Generous||Mark Marten||7/23/17|
|A Worshiping Community||Joe Duke||7/16/17|
|Your Community||Joe Laughlin||7/09/17|
|God Is Community||Mike Hipsley||7/02/17|
|The Secret Path to Courage||Joe Duke||6/25/17|
|The Perfect Family||Adam Hunsicker||6/18/17|
|Normally Weird||Mike Hipsley||6/11/17|
|Don't Go It Alone||Joe Duke||6/04/17|