Mike Hipsley | 7/30/17
Series: The Community You Can Be
Series Part No: 9
It has always been the mission of the church to grow. Jesus told His disciples that they were to go the ends of the earth making disciples and inviting people to become part of the community of faith. This is an incredible calling, but it is also challenging. Growing in community requires that we embrace change and make room for others – two things that are often difficult and uncomfortable to do. How can we become the community that Jesus calls us to be, a community that lives out Jesus command to go into all the world and make disciples?
For further thought and discussion:
- Have you ever thought that church was too big? What was the reasoning behind your thinking?
- Bringing new people into a community will change the community. Why do we often resist this? What benefits and opportunities does this present?
- Read Acts 1. What attitude do we see in the very first days of church towards growth?
- Read Act 6:1-7. What problems was the growth of the church causing? What were some of the underlying problems that complicated this issue? How did the church solve the problem?
- What obstacles to growth were present in Acts 10? What was required for this problem to be solved? How might this apply to our lives when we are felling resistant to growth?
- Read Galatians 5:22, 23. How might the fruit of the Spirit connect to the growth of our communities? How would a person whose life was characterized by these attributes engage church and community growth?
- Growing our community requires growing in community. What are some things that we need in our small groups and serving groups to help us become people who are fruitful and multiply.
- Holding Nothing Back by Tim Hughes & Martin Smith
- Worthy, Worthy by Jacob Sooter & Mia Fieldes
- Scandal Of Grace by Matt Crocker and Joel Houston
- Great I Am by Jared Anderson
The Community You Can BeBack to Sermons
|A Christ-centered Community||Joe Duke||8/27/17|
|A Reconciling Community||Joe Duke||8/20/17|
|The Hopeful Community||Jason Fullen||8/13/17|
|What in the World Are We Doing?||Joe Paschal||8/06/17|
|Be Fruitful and Multiply||Mike Hipsley||7/30/17|
|Altogether Generous||Mark Marten||7/23/17|
|A Worshiping Community||Joe Duke||7/16/17|
|Your Community||Joe Laughlin||7/09/17|
|God Is Community||Mike Hipsley||7/02/17|
|The Secret Path to Courage||Joe Duke||6/25/17|
|The Perfect Family||Adam Hunsicker||6/18/17|
|Normally Weird||Mike Hipsley||6/11/17|
|Don't Go It Alone||Joe Duke||6/04/17|